Is this MRSA or Just a Spider Bite?

I've attached 2 pictures below. As I was drying my hair last night, I noticed on my elbow by the funny bone I had this weird looking bite. Its been 24 hours exactly and it doesn't seem like its grown or anything. When I touch it not much pain and its not that swolen. I was in Arizona a week ago but it didn't feel like it came from there. I currently have a runny nose that started 3 days ago and I've been having some chest pains since last week, but I feel like its probably gas. I'm only 19 years old. What can this be? Has this been by my elbow for a while and I never noticed it? Is this causing my chest pains maybe? I feel like I'm over thinking everything, but I just want to see what you guys think and maybe if I should take this to a doctor to check it out. Thank you.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh483/ammyhl7/...

Favorite Answer

If it goes away by tomorrow, it is likely a spider bite. If it looks the same or worsens, it may be a skin abscess.

Neither of these will cause any symptoms unless you are allergic.

A bite may itch for a while, but an abscess can become a bit painful to touch.

You cant diagnose injuries from a photo, but this is not going to be serious at all.

If this were a dangerous spider bite, you would likely be in the hospital.

You can have this checked at a clinic if you are concerned.

Source(s): UC Irvine, entomology

Well on the bright side, I don't think it is MRSA. My friends entire family was infected by it, and their infections didn't look like that. I strongly suggest to go to the doctor because even if it is only a spider bite, it could escalate into something more.

Go see the doctor. Probably not MRSA. Don't falsely diagnose yourself. It's probably a bite, just see the doctor incase.