Donny
Donny asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

what are your favorite Matthew McConaughey movies?

BQ- thoughts on him joining The Wolf of Wall Street?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/matthew-mcconaughe...

BQ2- thoughts on him as an actor?

BQ3- last 3 movies you watched for the first time and enjoyed?

BQ4- next 3 movies you plan to watch?

BQ5- any movie/TV recommendations?

BQ6- thoughts on the KILLING THEM SOFTLY trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RaEF2aIbJQ

Youtube thumbnail

BQ7- any recent movie-related news you would like to share?

Favorite Answer

Dazed and Confused

EdTV

A Time To Kill

Frailty - (an underrated movie)

Amistad

Two for the Money

The Lincoln Lawyer

Tropic Thunder

BQ: Turning out to be a hell of a cast. Now we need De Niro to sign on.

BQ2: I don't see an Oscar in his future. But I like his style. Really excited about Mud.

BQ3:

- 21 Jump Street 7/10 - It made me laugh. But the shoot out at the end, in the hotel room, lasted forever.

- The Artist 8/10 - Great Movie.

- Baghead 8/10 - Great Indie Film. A must see.

BQ4: Next 3 Movies: (Picked These Up Today)

- The Flowers of War

- The Hunter

- Machine Gun Preacher

BQ5: Deadwood and The Wire. (In that order)

BQ: That is Bad A*s trailer. I wanted more New York Mickey. And Scoot McNairy looks like he might pick up an award nomination. It moved up a couple of spots on my "Most Anticipated 2012".

BQ7:

- Possibly Jeff Nichols Next Project. http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/chernin-entertainm... . Here is the article from Popular Science. http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-02/boy-...

- And did you see what Matt Damon said about McConaughey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6niC0hlgX0

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

• \Liam\

Hey Donny!

I'm not really a big Matthew McConaughey fan, but I love Dazed and Confused and Tropic Thunder.

BQ: I don't know why but I've got a feeling that he's going to be really good in it. Like a Jonah Hill / Money Ball type deal.

BQ2: It's kind of hard to say, he's in a lot of chick-flick's, which aren't exactly the types of films that want to showcase his acting ability. But from his serious roles he seems like a fairly decent actor. However I haven't seen The Lincoln Lawyer, which was apparently his best performance

BQ3:

Naked, Paris Je'Taime, The Dark Knight Rises

BQ4:

Deliverance, Contempt, 13 Assassins

BQ5: Naked

BQ6: It looks awesome, I'm really excited for this movie. I really liked The Assassination of Jesse James, and I absolutely loved Chopper!

BQ7: Not at the moment

The Lincoln Lawyer was pretty great, it's fairly underrated in terms of 2011 films. Of course Dazed is Confused is probably my favorite, and his role as the Texas Scout in Eastbound and Down was fun.

Aside from that, I've never really been a fan. Most of his notable films are from this year, or are upcoming. Plus, I can't wait for True Detectives with Woody Harrelson.

BQ: It's a cool addition. He's pretty perfect for this kind of film. Really though, it's just another solid addition to a really diverse and talented cast.

BQ2: I don't have much of an opinion, but I love the career choices he's taking lately.

BQ3: The Kid With A Bike, The Future, Cropsey. I also watched Drew Peterson: Untouchable recently. A bit silly and the tone was typical of a dramatic lifetime movie, but I enjoyed it enough. Mostly for Catherine Dent.

BQ4: American Gun (Forest Whitaker), Dancer in the Dark, and The New World.

BQ5: I'm in the middle of four shows: The Larry Sanders Show, Arrested Development, Justified, and The Chicago Code. All of them are amazing, but you've seen/are watching them all. You should probably just watch The Wire though. I haven't seen it, but I'm sure you won't regret it.

BQ6: I'll get back to you, not really in a position to watch it right now.

BQ7: Drew Barrymore finally decided to choose a new film to direct. It seems way too ambitious a project for her, but Whip It is one of my favorite films and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

EDIT: I watched 'Bernie' a few days ago. His performance was overshadowed by Jack Black's, but he was great in the film.

• Gilda

How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days Saharha Contact The Wedding Planner

• Logan

I have seen him in Failure to Launch and Tropic Thunder and Contact, and Lincoln Lawyer., none of them are my favorite movies, but he did make me laugh in Failure to launch. About him joining The Wolf of Wall Street, I am pretty sure Scorsese knows what he is doing. I am sure I will get thumbs down here, but I am not a fan of his. I probably need to give him a chance, so I will re watch movies of his.

BQ3 I saw Fun House the other night it was stupid

Cat Woman which I have never seen , with Halle Berry not bad, but I like Michelle much better

last night I watched Escape from LA really not very good. Those are the most recent movies I have seen.

BQ4 The Dark Knight Rises if I ever can get some time to myself, which is hard to do as of lately.

I plan on watching Deliverance tonight it is on tv

and Saturday is my birthday and I am watching Goodfellas

BQ5 For you not really, you pretty much know what you want to watch. I doubt if I have movies in mind that you have not seen. I do like Dexter, have you seen that?

BQ6. Looks interesting. I think I saw that trailer on another question today, but not sure.

BQ7 Well only that Johnny Depp is taking a break and I was looking forward to The Thin Man remake. I bet it would be good. He was not going to play Nick Charles . He was going to play a detective. Interesting. They were going to have him be married and even have a dog, Kinda like Astre. Oh well.

thought you might like this

http://youtu.be/G1Zh6DnMP4k

Youtube thumbnail

A Time to Kill

I liked him in A Time To Kill, different and he was unknown to me. More fun that way.

My all time favourite is Dazed And Confused.

BQ2: He's good

BQ4: The Piano Teacher, Thirteen, Mean Creek

It appears there is an ugly troll giving us thumbs down...

He as great in EDTV.

I did hear that we has going to play Thomas Magnum in a movie version of Magnum PI...

• Ponds

I've actually only seen Contact.