Can a grid tie inverter work along side another?

Currently I have a Xantrex battery powered inverter installed in my house to supply electricity during blackouts. Would it be safe to install a grid tie inverter in one of the outlets in the house? During a blackout, the Xantrex switches automatically to battery power, but what would happen with the extra power... show more Currently I have a Xantrex battery powered inverter installed in my house to supply electricity during blackouts. Would it be safe to install a grid tie inverter in one of the outlets in the house? During a blackout, the Xantrex switches automatically to battery power, but what would happen with the extra power coming in from the grid tie inverter?
Update: Note: During a Blackout the transfer switch on the Xantrex comes on automatically, cutting off the grid and placing 8, 6-volt lead acid batteries online.
1 answer 1