Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does anybody have experience using the dating site Plenty of Fish?

I'm thinking about trying online dating again. I tried Eharmony about 2 years ago and after spending a lot of money, it was a complete waste of time. Now some friends were telling me about POF and I was thinking about trying it. Since its a free website, my biggest worry is somebody I know seeing my profile. Should I try it?

Favorite Answer

I DO! I made a profile after my boyfriend left me and I have to say I got a ton of responses that I was not expecting. I ended up meeting this one guy and he was awesome! I was very interested but unfortuanatly ended up falling for my roommate. The thing you have to remember is get to know them online before you do in person that way you know they just don't want a booty call. Yes it is free but some features you can't get unless you pay. Which I think you don't need. As for fearing someone will find it? Why care? They have to have a account to you find you anyways? WHAT ARE THEY DOING ON THERE?! Anyways good luck:))

My mom tried this site and honestly some of the men and women on that site have wives and husbands but they joined the sites because it's free and they want to talk to other women and men. Some of them aren't seriously looking for a relationship, but just want to get with as many women and men as possible.

but, there are some good people on there too, you just have to find them,

i used this website and there are some pervs on there but you can set up strict things where only certain people can message you and they have chemistry tests so they can match you with people that have the same interests as you and all that .. i like the sight & would still use it but im happily dating somebody . good luck

Source(s): plenty of fish

Plenty of fish is a good site