Why do atheists offend us religious people? Especially catholics?

I'm a catholic person. Atheists just keep coming to offend me>.< they say bad stuff about it and try to take my faith away. Why? I never did anything to them and it's hard to answer without insulting...

Both faiths finally consider within the identical matters. They are each Christian. Both faiths recognize salvation by way of Christ's crucifixion, each faiths consider in an all-powerful god. Now the 2 disagree at the extra superficial facets of religion. Most importantly, baptists take the Bible because the literal and unquestionable phrase of God. They learn it therefor, it's precise. Catholics learn the Bible as commonly a metaphor, anything that demands to be interpreted. Not to distinct from fixing a riddle. This change in interpretation results in many delicate variations. Transubstantiation, via St. Thomas Aquinas' rationale, is a combo of theological interpretation and Aristotelian good judgment. Baptists reject transubstantiation, considering it's not, phrase for phrase, within the Bible. This idea is a fashion a number of the 2 faiths and on their disagreements. Also priceless of no longer, except he numerous instead delicate variations, their is a massive change among devout tone amoung the 2 faiths. As I'm definite you'll inform readily from the responces, Catholics look to be much less confrontational, even as the Baptists look to be extra agressive. This stands to rationale that a religion that's headquartered of absolutes can be a bit of extra fanatical and no more accepting of variations. While such a lot of Catholicism slightly recognizes the smaller Protesant denominations. In reality, such a lot Europeans have under no circumstances heard of a today's Baptist. So thats fairly the clash in a simplistic nut shell. I could additionally like to notice that the Catholic Church has an excessively constructive dating with Anglicans, Lutherans, and the Eastern Orthodox faiths. Interesting to notice, none of those faiths take the Bible actually eather. All those faiths have their disagreements, nevertheless it's often extra theological and no more fanatical, within the today's generation besides. As a Catholic, I need to say that no religion is totally correct or totally flawed. And I consider it's immportant and morally correct to admire the Baptist religion, appear at their ideals and honor its finer facets even as rejecting is worse traits. I real desire all faiths might respectfully disagree, however they cant.

• Imogen

Most atheist wont fight with you unless provoked. Right now you're just begging us to hate you with this kind of question. You want to know what you and your people do to us? Really? Keep telling us we're going to burn in hell because we don't believe what you believe. Religious people, mostly christians and catholics, are judgmental and ignorant. So yes, you do things to us.

• Frog

What? The protestants and catholics have been at each others throats with knives and guns since the reformation.

A few harsh words from atheists and you're crying persecution.

I think Catholics are the only true Christians left on earth. I still think they are morons for believing in ancient myths, but at least they are true Christians.

Is the majority feeling persecuted by the minority? Awwwww. Is your faith not strong enough? If not, perhaps you should reconsider your position since it's seemingly weak.

Oh, please. Most atheists never talk about religion unless pushed.

And quite frankly, the fact that theists constantly brand us as immoral, tell us we deserve eternal torture, and generally imply we're subhuman IS offensive, dear.

FYI-

Disagreeing with you is not "offensive". Saying we do not believe in your religion is not offensive. Saying your religion has done some pretty horrible things is not offensive.

Christians seem to have this irritating tendency to take opposing opinions as "insults".

Ever think and understand that many of the things you 'believe' and say, offends a great many others???

IMHO

• Scw319

"Trying to take your faith away."

Faith is not a virtue. It is impossible to distinguish reality solely by faith, and the fact that atheists are encouraging you to think rationally shouldn't be that offensive to you.

• Waaaah waaaaah waaaah

Source(s): My impression of you.
  • ?

Don't cry about it. Atheists bash Jesus Freaks, and others with Modern Day religions, because MOST of you, bash, and heckle them. It's called FAIR PLAY. ;D

Source(s): Not an Atheist; Polytheist. But I also go after Jesus Freaks, and what not, when they target me.