My leopard gecko has a kind of purple tail.?

Hey huys, well I've had my leopard gecko for about 10 days now, he hasn't shed yet, he's about 3-4 inches but I don't know how old he is, I don't know it's gender either so I just did the I decided it's a he thing. When I got him fro the pet shop I recgnised his tail was a little pruple,... show more Hey huys, well I've had my leopard gecko for about 10 days now, he hasn't shed yet, he's about 3-4 inches but I don't know how old he is, I don't know it's gender either so I just did the I decided it's a he thing. When I got him fro the pet shop I recgnised his tail was a little pruple, it isn't majourly purple it just has a purple tint that is a weak tint. He is doing absolutely fine, eating 4-5 crickets a day that come gut loaded with oatmeal but I gut load them even more with fruit, I just put his moist box in today with wet moss and a little plastic tupperware box with an entry and a few air holes, I also just put his calci dish in put I'm waiting on my order for calcium without d3 with will be here today or tomorrow hopefully, I don't know if this is normal but he loves climbing! He keeps going on top of this piece of wood I put in and just goes up for like 10-20 minutes goes down and back up, he's pooping regularly and is all in all doing just great! Apart from the purple tint in his tail, I heard in can be because of a bad shed and in the pet store I got him from there was no moist box, they used sand and had no calcium dish, I kind of rescued him in a way as the pet shop wasn't a proffessional exotic store just a simple down town one. So I wouldn't be surprised if they left him shed badly, he isn't tame enough to bath yet but I put my hand in for a few minutes each day so he can familiarise me as his owner, he is tamer than before as he is starting to recognise me from feeding, that's when I usually try to handle him, I started just putting my hand there to see if he was interested and now he lets me stroke him and soon I think he'll let me pick him up, big improv from at first when he hissed and tried to bite me. So in a way this question is just asking about his purple tinted tail and how to tame him well. Thanks for reading :)
5 answers 5