Batman Trivia (Must Have A Vast Knowledge On Batman)?

Why do I (Batman) say ''You Dont Have To Thank Me''?

Examples: Batman Begins Last Scene/Dark Knight Last Scene

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not exactly a necessity for a vast knowledge on Batman here, since it's specifically to do with the Christopher Nolan trilogy. Not the entire world of Batman comics, cartoons, other films, TV show, fan fiction, etc.

Also he said this in The Dark Knight as well.

Gordon: "Thank you."

Batman: "You don't need to thank me..."

Gordon: "Yes, I do... The Joker was right. Any chance we had of fixing the city dies with Harvey’s reputation. We bet it all on him. The Joker took the best of us and tore him down... People will lose hope."

He says that because Batman doesn't do what he does for recognition. It is his duty as he is Gotham City's protector. He doesn't want recognition, if he did he wouldn't wear a mask.

In Marvel, Iron Man makes this quote basically saying that eventually people quit applauding the heroes and took them forgranted. They didn't hope to be saved, the expected to be saved. And he says this as a shame on the people for taking the heroes forgranted, which from a certain pov is understandable.

But the point of the Batman is to be taken forgranted, He's not a hero, he's much more. You would say thank you to a hero, not to Batman.

• 8 years ago

did he say that to the chief inspector? Because the inspector was what motivated him to become Batman, and he feels like he owe him that much, as well as the whole of Gotham for bringing him up

• 8 years ago

i think it might be because batman feels in charge to protect his people, like its his "duty" or work. And is not doing it as a favor.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Cuz Gordon says thanks

Source(s): Batman
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.