Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Sarah asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Can you have 8 main characters and 4 secondary characters in a movie?

Update:

Will it cost alot of money? How much will it lost?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you can have 8 main characters and 4 secondary characters. word of advice, if this movie is NOT an ensemble (everyone gets enuf screen time) you should have 4 main characters so the story/subplots center them and they get the most screen time. while your other characters get less and less, all the way to no screen time.

If this IS a ensemble piece they you've got the right amount.

With the cost, it depends if the cast is made up of unknowns (never acted in their life or they're from tv and have never graced the big screen) Ppl like Cobie Smulders who was from TV she did her first movie role in The Avengers, so that would be cheaper because they dont demand muchm bc they've never been before.

If the cast is B list or A list actors (recognizables like Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Robert Downey Jr, Sam Jackson, Angelina Jolie, Kate Beckinsale etc) and if it is a B list or A list cast then you have to negotiate with them. PPL like Will Smith and Doweny cost 20 milllion a movie, you could negotiate for less but it would still probably be in the million dollar area rather than the 100,000 area with unknowns.

P.S try googling these things or wikipedia to get some more insight.

Source(s): I'm the source, I'm a aspiring writer/director/actor, so I research things like this.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.