What hurts more: physical pain or emotional pain?

I was just having this discussion with my sister. I think that emotional pain hurts more because physical pain can go away after a while and you can bear it but when it comes to emotional pain, you feel torn inside and out and it's a horrible feeling. What do you think?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Emotional pain lasts longer and leaves more scars. I'd choose physical pain over emotional pain any day.

• 7 years ago

Emotional

• ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

I actually think physical pain is worse, as weird as it sounds. You can drown out emotional pain with keeping busy or doing things that you enjoy, or more pathological ways such as drinking or risk taking, but with physical pain you're kind of screwed and it's unbearable sometimes.

Think of it this way. As sucky as funerals are, I don't think the people there are suffering as much as the people at Guantanamo Bay. That's not to say I wouldnt take a bullet for people I love because I would. But that's another thing about physical pain, it consumes a person so they can't focus on anything else. Even when I have a fairly mild sinus headache, it makes it impossible to enjoy anything, even the company of people I love.

Source(s): my opinion, an unpopular one but imo it's the truth.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Emotional

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Emotional pain. The physical pain will go away and can be remedied with pain medication, emotional pain can't. Emotional pain rips you apart, it makes you scream and cry, and there is nothing you can do to make it stop.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Emotional

• 7 years ago

Emotional.

• 7 years ago

Physical pain and emotional pain both hurt but emotional pain hurts longer.

• 7 years ago

I completely agree, emotional pain doesn't go away so easily it could even last a lifetime. Physical pain could go away within seconds or be constant but you learn to live with it.

• 7 years ago

At first I was going to say they can be equal

but, Emotional is probably worse, it never really goes away

think about a death of loved one

Time does heal all wounds........maybe not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.