Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do most teens that cut seek attention?

Just wondering...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No. Most of the ones who call attention to it are the ones who seek attention. But There are many teens who cut for themselves, and hide the scars because they don't want anyone to know what they do or mistake them for the ones that do it for attention. One of my close friends had a problem with cutting and I was the only one he told, and in the middle of summer one year a couple of his scars were accidentally showing and a bunch of people called him an attention whore. Of course he relapsed back into cutting after that :/

Its never really safe to assume.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You should be careful about what you say and think. I'm sure there are some who do, but we all have our reasons for the way we react to being hurt or neglected.

I know a lot of people cut because of how they've been hurt and because they have no other way of dealing with their problems, no one to go to or trust.

It's a touchy and sensitive subject that I think deserves a lot of respect, not because I think cutting is a good idea but because everyone's fighting a hard battle in their life

• 9 years ago

Yes. However, they should not be stupid by cutting to get attention.

Use your voice or if you're wanting to keep it to yourself... Do another form of expression such as

working out, drawing, writing, gaming, etc.

Kids really need to realize how pointless and stupid it is to cut when there's SO MANY MORE OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM THAT ARE ACTUALLY BENEFICIAL.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm sure some do it cuz they think it makes em look cool and edgy, but I'm also sure some do it cuz they don't know any other way to deal with their problems in a healthy manner

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.