What would compliment lime green walls for a bedroom?

I'm gonna move into a bedroom with green walls and i'm going to go shopping for some decorative items.It could be one big item or a couple small items but it has to be atleast under 40$.My favorite colors are turqouise,light purple,aqua,hot pink,and of course,and of course,lime green.And i'm hoping to accent something with those colors.

And don't be afraid with trying to suggest design print or different colors or ideas :)

Favorite Answer

When I read your list of vibrant and showy colors I instantly thought bright white and PEACOCK! Since you only have $40 and I don't know what you have or what you need I say buy a bookcase from IKEA $25

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/8008570...

and then go to Paper Source and buy a peacock feather inspired print and line the back of the shelves with the paper.

http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/item/Pea...

Then I would spend the last few dollars going to a second hand store and looking for Jonathon Adler knock offs that I would paint white. Like if you see a ceramic fawn, pretty shaped jar, a tiny round dish and a set of candle sticks buy them and them spray paint them all bright white and accessorize the book case with them.

http://www.jonathanadler.com/interior_design.php

Source(s): Interior Designer for ten years
  • Linds

I would suggest like a Caribbean blue and hot pink, and then do some sort of animal print such as zebra or something. Not sure about animal prints with brown in them, but I'd also say black and white are always good.

Those colours you listed are quite good. Using the '3' idea, since the walls are green, I think turquoise and hot pink would be a great combo. You want to use more of one of those, and the other as the accent colour. One idea- I could not afford to buy a new comforter, so I got a very nice sheet set- I used the bottom sheet on the boxspring, the top sheet over my comforter, and 2 pillowcases as shams. For $30 at Marshall's my room looks great.

.............................................................................................................................

an eggplant or plum colour could be cool its slightly darkish which makes it extra adultbut with the lime curtains and brilliant accents it'll appear nice, chiefly with the darkish brown the supply has colour samples Hope it is helping p.s. it appears lovely well with yellow

-white

-turquoise

-teal

-navy

-light blue

i really like your suggestions of:

-light purple

-hot pink

My friend's sister had a lime green and hot pink room, it was really cute :)

If it was me, I'd use a deep brown like burnt umber. I love browns and greens together :)