Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

Urge to cut myself!! Have never cut before... ?

My life has been beyond hell and gets worse everyday.. If u want details please look at and answer my other questions on this topic, I really have the urge to cut myself. I am a CIT at my camp and I am constantly asked to cut gimp and every time I get near the scissors I feel like I wanna cut myself.. I really want to but I really don't!! Please help me on how to resist and distractions DO NOT WORK. Neither do deep Breaths or drinks of tea... I feel like a freak, all alone, AM I???

Best Answer

Even I feel like hurting myself at times &,my life isint even that bad...try slapping yourself once, saying "what am I thinking!?" Or instead of cutting, tickle your arm with the scissors, its distracting & feels nice aha

Don't. It won't solve ur problems.

I won't go all moral on u, i know u've heard that a thousand times before. I'm sure u also do know it.

Think of the consequences: Medical hazzard on u. Blood poisoning or tetanus. Or if u dont get those, think of the scars. Soon enough u will get over this phase, but ur scars will always be there to remind u. Research on Google about the regrets of those who have done it, so u know what would happen even before u do it.

Surround urself with friends and family. seek professional help if u feel that it's too much and u cant handle it.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Please, PLEASE don't do it. You do it once and then you're addicted. I cut myself for years and I've just stopped, I'm 5 months cut free. You really don't want to do it. Things WILL get better. I know that it seems like they won't, but TRUST ME they will. Things get better eventually but scars stay forever. I'm so ashamed every day now, because things have gotten better for me but my scars are still there to remind me every day of the horrible times I went through. And you're not a freak. Many people suffer with the same problem. You're not alone. I don't know your exact situation but I do know somewhat how you feel. Please don't cut yourself, you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Instead, try reading a book, talking to a friend, drawing, painting, eating something, hitting a pillow, stabbing holes in paper, watching tv, listening to music, anything.

Source(s): Former self-harmer.

Don't! I feel like this sometimes. Just take deep breaths, stay away from sharp objects, and draw or write or just do something to distract yourself and keep your hands busy. You should tell someone how you feel too.

my doc told me to put a rubber band around my wrist and snap it when you get those feelings. it does curb it a lil for me

worth a try

but i think maybe you should talk to a professional about this

and NO you are far from alone there are just very few of us with enough balls to admit to it thats all

write in a journal when you feel that way or think of your friends and say well what would they think of me if i did this.Also try talking to someone you trust I used to have a friend who cut themselves and she lost all of her best friends, my friends and i thought she was just trying to seek attention so we didn't pay attention to her that was the worst mistake of my life and k miss her with all my heart! i just don't want anyone else turning out lie that.

Dude I can promise you that your life isn't as bad as kids dying with cancer or homeless people or girls that get stoll from there families and get sold as sex slaves so you should chill out with the whole my life is hell thing. I'm sure it's hard but not as hard as other peoples lives. So tough it out and hang in there.

• 6 years agoReport

Excuse me.. that is so rude we know there are children with lots of problems out there and we are fortunate, but honestly don't tell somebody to chill out about family because until you stood in anybodies shoes, think before you act...

you're not alone, trust me :)

you're not a freak, it sounds like you have intrusive thoughts.

Remember it gets better and even though i don't know you you're beautiful and perfectly normal.

Please dont do it alot of people would be hurt, people who tell you to cut are just pushing your buttons trying to test you, talk to someone! Anyone

PLEASE DONT CUT UR SELF