Mysterious bug bite or insect sting?

I was at camp today, in the woods playing a running game for 40 minutes. I happened to get a bite or sting of some sort on the back of my neck. I felt it happen and it hurt like heck but i didn't know what it was. I put my hand where it hurt and i wiped something off but didn't catch what it was and i am... show more I was at camp today, in the woods playing a running game for 40 minutes. I happened to get a bite or sting of some sort on the back of my neck. I felt it happen and it hurt like heck but i didn't know what it was. I put my hand where it hurt and i wiped something off but didn't catch what it was and i am almost 90% sure it wasn't a bee or wasp. I was with my friend and i was like "Is there anything here?" and she said there was nothing and i was like "are you sure" many times and for the following 5 minutes she kept checking to make sure nothing was there. She said it was getting red but thats it. I wanted her to see what it was because it wouldn't stop hurting. Then i continued the game, held my neck the hole time because it hurt, and i went to my counselor and she said it looks like a bug bite. It doesn't itch though! It hurts, and never itched! Then she watched it for awhile, and it was swelling up and it was a little purple. So i sat out the rest of the game. I then put my ice cold water bottle on it and the swelling began to go down and it hasn't swelled up since. But the pain hasn't gone away either. by the end of camp (4 hours later) it looked like a bee sting and was a tiny bit red. I know it's good that it hasn't LOOKED worse. But the pain has been the same ever since i got it!!! The pain often feels like a sting. Now i'm getting sore around the bite and neck. i'm icing it right now and its feeling fine. Anyone know what this could be, or what i could do to help it? I am definitely able to go to the store if i need anything. Thanks for your help in advance.
2 answers 2