Am i wrong for reporting my own sister to the Benefit Fraud helpline?

My sister has been committing benefit fraud for the last 4 years. She's currently living abroad and is still getting financial help from the UK government (rent allowance) I've been telling her to cancel her benefit as it could be a problem for her in the future, if she ever got found but she wouldn't listen to me, so i decided to report her today. I don't feel bad for doing so because the social services could have been helping someone in real need, instead of giving out money for someone who's not even present. Plus, she can always apply for financial support in her current country.

Favorite Answer

you did the right thing, you even told her that she was doing the wrong thing, but she was complacent. you shouldnt feel bad.

I don't think you should have reported her, you say that you were worried that she may get caught, so you handed her over? I hope she doesn't find out it was you, or you may have destroyed your relationship.

Even though what she was doing was wrong, blood is thicker than water.

Your doing whats right and the longer it went on for the more trouble she'd be in.

no its not wrong you did what was right and thats good dont regret it