Why do SOME vegetarians or vegans eat fake meat?

I don't mean this to be rude or offensive in any way, and I'm not referring to people who don't eat meat for health reasons (like, meat literally makes them sick, kind of people). But this has been something that has confused me. I'll go to the store and see things like vegetarian meatballs,... show more I don't mean this to be rude or offensive in any way, and I'm not referring to people who don't eat meat for health reasons (like, meat literally makes them sick, kind of people).

But this has been something that has confused me. I'll go to the store and see things like vegetarian meatballs, for example. Products that are meant to mimic meat. I thought that being a vegetarian was about eating vegetables, fruits, grains, and beans, and liking it? When I try to go vegetarian I get upset because a lot of the recipes I find are either trying to mock meat-using ones too much, or simply are covered with things I don't care for. I mean, if I decided for whatever reason I wanted to be a pure carnivore (regardless of the fact that I'd die of malnutrition and I'm sure other things), I don't think I would start eating fake vegetables made out of meat. Ok, yeah, that sounds a lot more disgusting, but it's along the same concept in my mind. Kind of like saying you're against fur, but then going and wearing faux fur 'cause it's so "fashionable". Again please dont take offense i am just curious