Why do people focus on homosexuality so much when....?

when there are 925 million hungry people out of the 7 billion people in the world, making 13.1 percent, or almost 1 in 7 people hungry. As of 2008, the World Bank has estimated that there were an estimated 1,345 million poor people in developing countries who live on $1.25 a day or less.

Why focus on homosexuality over bigger issues? Why hide from the truth (myself included) that while we are sitting here in our homes watching our big screen t.v.s, typing on our computers,eating our potato chips and other junk foods, people are dying from starvation. Homosexuals aren't hurting anyone. Simple fact is, people fear what they do not understand. Maybe we should focus our energy on the real issues in the world, and let people's sexual or emotional relationships be their own decision before we judge.

Answer carefully.... look at your own life before you judge others. I am heterosexual, so this isn't a biased rant from a homosexual. I judge myself first and foremost. In order to accept others, we have to accept our own imperfections, accept the imperfections of others, and respect and love all of humanity.

Favorite Answer

easier to judge others than to take action.

"To be or not to be; that is the question,

Whether 'tis nobler to in the mind suffer,

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take up arms against a sea of troubles,

and by opposing end them." - William Shakespeare.

Forked Tongue, actually that is an incorrect statement, freemasons give the most to charity. The Vatican alone could end world hunger but it decides to keep its gold and let the people starve.

Source(s): 15 year old christian/classic literature buff

The only people focusing on homosexuality so much are homosexuals. Where do you see people disrespecting homosexuals?

I will assume that since you are asking this in R&S and using the word "judge" you are talking about religious people. Well sir, they aren't judging anybody. All they are doing is relating to everyone what God judges. But they are only doing this when the homosexuals gang up on them with a purpose to modify a Sacrament that God had given to us from the very beginning: marriage.

And all the religious Christians that I know are hugely compassionate towards the poor, sick and hungry. As a matter of fact, my denomination (Roman Catholic) gives the most of anybody to help try to resolve starvation. I don't see anybody hell bent on persecuting homosexuals.

• Juwan

thank you :) i agree. from my personal experience as a bisexual and dating a guy, i think most of it just of the hate just comes from people's need to feel superior to others. they find something/someone they disagree with, so they feel they have the power to put that person down just because they don't like it. nothing is wrong with homosexuality, people just need to open their hearts and realize this

• Mr. E

Religious leaders pick an easy target to get their followers riled up. They know they cannot solve world hunger but they know damn well that if they pick on gays they can get people fired up. Fired up = more donations...

• Jesse

So do something about it. Talking is just wasting air.

"Why do people focus on homosexuality. . . ?"- You just mentioned 4 times.

I don't know, why?

Men are terrified that there are folks out there who want to do to us what we want to do to women.