What wedding customs or rules of etiquette do you think are obsolete?

Are there any wedding customs or rules of etiquette do you think are obsolete?
Update: ilovewed: I've heard the "true etiquette is about respect" theory, but when people talk about etiquette they talk about specific rules.
Update 2: This didn't go in the direction I thought. A lot of people mentioned what I consider fun little wedding customs. (The garter toss and cake squishing amuse the kids and break the tension in an kind of event that can take itself too seriously.) I was thinking more specific. A lot of people act as if etiquette... show more This didn't go in the direction I thought. A lot of people mentioned what I consider fun little wedding customs. (The garter toss and cake squishing amuse the kids and break the tension in an kind of event that can take itself too seriously.)

I was thinking more specific. A lot of people act as if etiquette is an eternal constant, but the truth is rules were different in different times and places. People tend to trot out old etiquette books marketed for upper-class people in the 19th century or 1950s and treat them as Holy Scripture. My examples are:

1.) You can't include the Bridal Registry in the Wedding Invite
Come on, at this point we all know there is a bridal registry. Counting on it to travel by word of mouth probably worked when society was less mobile and people married younger. Nowadays though, you may have college chums from another state who've nevr met your family...you can't count on these things to travel by word of mouth.
2.) Never, Ever Make