Both musical are so awesome! When it comes to the character of Gertrude, she has very goofy songs but also she has a good share of ballads. Chose your song from these selections based upon your comfortableness and confidence with your singing and feeling for the song, if it matches Gertrude, and if you can truly use facial expressions and vocal expressions for acting during the song. Here are my suggestions:
1. As long as he needs me from Oliver!
2. I can't say no from Oklahoma
3. Till There was you from The Music Man
4. In my own little corner from Cinderella
5. God help the outcast from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Now, with fiddler on the roof, Shprintze doesn't have a main singing part so she can be casted as anything. I feel that fiddler on the roof is ballad with a hint of drama. Once again, chose based upon the same rules as how you would chose for Seussical (except with the idea of Shprintze and not Gertrude). Here are my suggestions:
1. Castle on a Cloud from Les Miserables
2. Come to my garden from The Secret Garden
3. Goodbye, Little Dream, Goodbye from Anything Goes
4. Out of my dreams from Oklahoma
5. Show me from My fair lady
You can totally use any of the 10 songs for either audition! Good luck!!
· 7 years ago