Best program for creating a 3D game?

I would've put this in the video game section but it seemed off to put it there as this is more of a software development question. Anyway, I already have programs I can already use for 3D modeling, what I was wondering are what 3D Dev programs are good for developing your own mechanics and what not. I... show more I would've put this in the video game section but it seemed off to put it there as this is more of a software development question.

Anyway, I already have programs I can already use for 3D modeling, what I was wondering are what 3D Dev programs are good for developing your own mechanics and what not. I don't mind spending money to buy a program but if possible, I would prefer a cheaper, if not free programs, though if the program really does have good features, then I'd be willing to put in more money. Thank you.
Update: @GNU And how would anyone go about doing such a thing? If what your saying is true, that means most developers start out with simple binary. This is something I refuse to believe, like I know for a fact the well known League of Legends was developed with Adobe Air and I'm sure others have started off with some... show more @GNU And how would anyone go about doing such a thing? If what your saying is true, that means most developers start out with simple binary. This is something I refuse to believe, like I know for a fact the well known League of Legends was developed with Adobe Air and I'm sure others have started off with some other programming base or language. Anyway, if you could go into further detail about they "start from scratch", it would be much appreciated. Thank you.