wyt asked in SportsOlympics · 8 years ago

What do you think of IOC's decision to bar Lochte from wearing his "grill of victory"?

Here's the story oh yahoo sports:

"Ryan Lochte was barred from wearing his red, white and blue grill on the medal stand"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-plac...

So what do you think: does IOC acted reasonably on this one? BTW. He's worn it numerous times before on the podium.

Also, what do you think of Lochte for pulling this?

Favorite Answer

Stupid decision by the IOC. It's not as if he's trying to sneak in some 'unapproved' commercial endorsement, and if he wants to look like a prize a$$hole on the podium that that's entirely his business.

Though I believe grills are a useless fashion accessory that makes me want to punch people that has them, the IOC has no right to be playing fashion police. Lately they've become more of a nanny-police force telling people what to do, how to say things, etc. IOC is there to make sure the games go smoothly and the officiating isn't corrupt.

That was a terrible move by the IOC. I mean, the grill isn't hurting or offending anyone, it just shows his pride for the US.

Just a different personality i suppose . Phelps is a quiet,graceful dude in comparison. Just what happened in the relay