wyt asked in SportsOlympics · 8 years ago

What do you think of IOC's decision to bar Lochte from wearing his "grill of victory"?

Here's the story oh yahoo sports:

"Ryan Lochte was barred from wearing his red, white and blue grill on the medal stand"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-plac...

So what do you think: does IOC acted reasonably on this one? BTW. He's worn it numerous times before on the podium.

Also, what do you think of Lochte for pulling this?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Stupid decision by the IOC. It's not as if he's trying to sneak in some 'unapproved' commercial endorsement, and if he wants to look like a prize a$$hole on the podium that that's entirely his business.

• 8 years ago

Though I believe grills are a useless fashion accessory that makes me want to punch people that has them, the IOC has no right to be playing fashion police. Lately they've become more of a nanny-police force telling people what to do, how to say things, etc. IOC is there to make sure the games go smoothly and the officiating isn't corrupt.

• 8 years ago

That was a terrible move by the IOC. I mean, the grill isn't hurting or offending anyone, it just shows his pride for the US.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Just a different personality i suppose . Phelps is a quiet,graceful dude in comparison. Just what happened in the relay

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.