Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 8 years ago

Can I swim with an infected toe/ingrown toenail?

I had ingrown toenails removed on both toes a couple days ago (they cut a little bit of the nail off all the way down to the root). The injuries are pussing/bleeding a little, but I really want to swim tonight. Can I swim, and if not, would it be okay if I put a bandage over it?

Btw, the doctor said it was infected (there is some dead and swollen skin on the side) but I'm taking a perscribed antibiodic

Favorite Answer

If I were you, I'd wait a few days, and give the antibiodics a chance to kick in and start to heal. There might be some bacteria in the pool water that might interfere with the healing process, if you should go ahead and swim, and it wouldn't be worth infecting your toe anymore, that could lead to additional problems. I'd just wait a few days, keep checking it from time to time....hope this helps

• Dwayne

You have to allow a few days for the antibiotics to kick in but I wouldn't advise going swimming in a pool or open water.

dont be gross other people swim there, imagine you go into a pool and you swallow some one else's puss and blood without noticing... sorry yes you can but im just being realistic.