What was the estimated human population of the Earth before God killed everyone (sans Noah et al) in the Flood?

I am just trying to get the correct number to compare these killings to other's killings.

Favorite Answer

It had to be astronomical, SupaStar:

You see, they lived centuries, were a super race, tall, strong, and sexy.

The Bible tells us they lusted so much there was homosexuality.

So, SupaStar, I would say Earth's population was much larger before the flood than it is now, say around 12 billion people in a larger world, populated without barriers from our post-flood oceans.

Earth will one day be made new. It will be Eden restored without sin and sinners.

The Bible code gives the exact month, day, and year, this will happen. SupaStar

Blessings, Messiah

BTW this site suggests over 24,000,000,000 and tells how he reached this figure:

http://paloc.wordpress.com/2009/01/16/ancient-popu...

• Torgo

I've actually seen creationists give a number, but I can't seem to find it right now. Maybe you can find something in one of these links:

http://www.creationism.org/topbar/greatflood.htm

The number I saw came from a page that assumed a steady population growth from the time of Adam and Eve. The number increases, then the flood occurs, and then the number increases to the present day population. There was a graph showing the population over time, so this is how they know the population at the time of the flood (1600 years after the earth was created).

Noah was only 9 generations after Adam.

Only because of the longevity of those people claimed by the Bible, I expect that the human population was in the thousands. Possibly it was as high as tens of thousands. I would be very surprised if it was greater than that, and hard-pressed to explain it.

lol, you're crying that God destroyed unholy, violent, murderous, evil people? Figures. Birds of the feather, after all...

Genesis 6:5 - "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 6:11 - "The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence."

Genesis 6:12 - "And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth."

Genesis 6:13 - "And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth."