Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

Do you give kittens warm milk or cold ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No milk - at least no cow's milk should be given. Once a kitten is done nursing from mom, there is no need or reason for the kitten to have milk. Provide fresh water with the canned kitten food and some dry on the side.

• Mircat
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

You do NOT give kittens either warm or cold cow's milk. The result in most will be diarrhea and that kills kittens. Never cow's milk.

You can give kittens KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement) which can be purchased at a pet supply store or a brand called Catsip also purchased there. You can give them goat's milk from the dairy section of a grocery store. I wouldn't give a tiny kitten very cold milk since milk from mom in warm.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Warm milk. And yes they can have milk! They r kittens! Like every kitten needs milk! It will ABSOULUTLY NOT make them sick! It sickens me that someone thinks that! Milk is only harmful to adult cats! Do reaserch before yo answer because then you can give the asker a bad idea, or something.

• 8 years ago

Felines are actually not able to digest cow's milk... so don't give them actual milk. If you are trying to be nice and give them kitten milk, slightly warmer than room temp is best. BUT NO COW'S MILK!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BRBHRN
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

According to Tracie Hotchner--the Cat Bible--kittens can tolorate milk at a young age and it will not bother them. They can process it. Kitten milk is better but serve at body temp or a little warmer than room temp,

• 8 years ago

Kittens prefer warm milk because the mother's milk was kept at body temperature you should put your finger in it and make sure it isn't too hot. Good luck with your kitten!

Source(s): My vet
  • 8 years ago

Do NOT give them milk. That will make them sick.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.