Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

I used to have an amazing personality, but now It's gone?

I used to be smart and intelligent and very witty and fun to be around with.

Lately, I try too hard to act right and think of the right thing to say or the right things to do.

I try too hard to make a conversation with someone that it doesn't feel the same anymore.

Even my boyfriend thinks I changed my personality.

I became needy of him and nagging constantly, and i'm not my old fun self anymore that he wants to be around with.

What do I do? :/

Favorite Answer

You still have that amazing personality.

What has happened is that things that you kept hidden from your self, consciously, that were lingering in your unconscious, have risen to the top, and are now affecting you.

This is normal. It is part of growing up.

You see, when we are young children, things happen that make us feel bad, and we just don't know how to cope with it, how to deal with it. So we stuff it into our unconscious mind where we cannot see it and don't have to see it.

Now, you are older, your cognitive abilities are more sophisticated, and you have the ability to figure out how to deal with these issues (although it's easier if you talk with a therapist, because they are experts at this kind of thing).

What is happening is normal and natural and dont' be alarmed at it.

Your neediness is a result of not having enough self-confidence and self-esteem. Your "trying too hard" is evidence of your lack of self-assurrance. Previously, when you thought you were "fine", it was a "fake fine", because you were hiding this self-doubt from yourself. Now that things are opening up, you have the opportunity to set things exactly the way they should be.

And that amazing person is still there. One of the tings you need to do is relax .. it's okay to not be perfect.

You still are AWESOME...the reason you changed is because you are trying to be whatever everybody else wants you to be...i think you need some time alone and then you will see that you still are that awesome chic....(i went through this too) :)

p.s. when your doing things (like jokes)....let it flow through you....don't force it out

well first off you have to let this wanting go of trying to be the person you once were..

you have to just stop trying..

just concentren on having fun for yourself and dont worry about anything else