How long until I can change my ear piercing?

Its been 13 weeks since I have my ears pierced, can I now change them?

Favorite Answer

Yes, you can change them after 6 weeks. Don't change them to dangle/hoop earrings until 6 months. They can cause your earring hole to stretch.

You have had them in for awhile and can for sure change them. Most people do say 4 weeks but you really should wait 6 before you can change them. I don't think you should wear real heavy hoops or dangleys for 3 months just to he sure thats not too much for your ears. You also have to be very careful about always washing your hands before toaching or changing your earrings. This could then lead to an infection and infections are all bad. I hope this helps!!

You can usually take them out after 6 weeks. But don't leave them out for more than around 20 minutes until it's been 6 months.

Yes you can 3-4 weeks after you pierce them

Source(s): I worked at a piercing shop for years
  • If it doesn't hurt or there is no sign of any physical infection go right ahead! I changed mine in as little as 5 weeks