Is it weird that I'm not looking forward to college?

I'm actually pretty terrified. Everyone else I know is really excited and I'm just scared out of my mind. I'm going to a pretty good college (Binghamton University) and I'm just not sure if I'm ready/smart enough. Tomorrow's my orientation and there's about a month until I move in - is there any way to psyche myself up?

ALSO I'm going with an undecided major which doesn't help matters since I have to also choose one. :/

Favorite Answer

All it will take is hard work on your side. If you are one of those types of people who did well in high school but did not have a good study routine, then you will have to change it. In each class take a lot of notes, make sure you get the book the teacher is using, don't be afraid to ask for help if you are falling behind in your work, take advantage of the tutoring available. For each class you are taking plan on three hours of outside work for studying a week. Maybe you might not have to put as much effort in one class than another. For example, if you have an English writing class you might feel comfortable and you may not need as much time as you may need for a science class. Just remember that your studies take priority. If you still have work to finish when the weekend comes, take care of that before you go out. A great idea is to record your classes in case you miss something that you teacher says. Just make sure if this is fine with your teacher, I had one who did not allow this. Talk to other people in your class and make form a study group.

Now if there reason you are scared is that you are going to be homesick, this happens. If this happens it's normal. There are many support groups that you can go to on campus. Plus if you have a laptop, subscribe to skype.com. And you can talk to family that way.

Source(s): Been to college have a daughter starting

It is normal to anticipate a major change in one's life with a variety of emotions, from eagerness to trepidation.

Decide that you will do your best. Realize that hard work and time spent studying may be more important in college than intelligence.

Narrow down your choice of majors to about half a dozen or so. Take some introductory courses in those subjects. Talk to your professors about related careers. Then decide on the one that is the best fit for your interests, abilities and career goals.