So I'm thinking about jailbreaking my PS3?
I System software 4.20. Is there a jailbreak for this firmware?
What are the pros/cons of a jailbreak?
Is it true that I won't be able to play online?
- TamratLv 58 years ago
Sorry to break this to you but you can not jailbreak firmware 4.20. In fact you can not jailbreak any firmware above 3.55. If you PS3 came with system firmware 3.55 or below, you can downgrade your current 4.20 firmware to 3.55 using E3 Flasher, ProgSkeet or Tenessy++.
Pros of jailbreak:
- freedom of playing pirated or copied PS3 games,
- freedom of installing unsigned homebrew apps,
- chance of modding games,
- chances of customizing different PS3 parts (boot logo, boot sound etc...),
Cons of jailbreaking:
- No online play (no PSN),
- new games which need 3.56+ firmware can not run from disc unless they are copied to HDD and a patch is applied,
- new upcoming accessories won't work with jail broken PS3s (PS Move Racing Wheel...)
- Anonymous8 years ago
STOP TRYING TO JAILBREAK , THERE NEVER WIL BE A JAILBREAK FOR VERSION ABOVE 3.55 SO GET OVER IT YOU PEASONT
- New York IncLv 78 years ago
Keep thinking bout it..LOL
its not possible