Trying to find a job, if you have a record.?

Hello my name is Cary, and I been having trouble trying to find a job. I been doing a lot of general labor , labor gigs off craigslist for my City Jacksonville Florida. Whats my best option to make it.

Favorite Answer

good luck finding a job if you have a record...lots of unemployed, educated people out there without records that can't find jobs

Cary, If I were you, I would keep on working those labor jobs and stay out of trouble or you will go back to prison. Neither you nor I would want that to happen.

Next, save yourself at least 25% of what ever you make. Find a Credit Union to OPEN AN ACCOUNT. Do not touch the money for 5 years for no reason.

NEXT: Go to a Junior College to learn a trade that you can start a business with like Painting, Plumbing, welding or electrician. All of these skills can be used to work for someone else or work for yourself.

I would also move away from my old neighborhood...to another state. you need a good new start. Away from your previously negative surrounding.

• Randy

It's not impossible, but you didn't say what you did before the record, and what you want to do now. There are lots of places that do hire people in your situation, but you must be honest up front.

Source(s): I was a manager for 15 years