Can you bring your own piercing jewelry to the tattoo shop?

Im thinking about getting a couple ear piercings in a few weeks. Considering the fact that Im a volleyball player, everytime I play I have to take all my piercings out and put retainers in. Is there any way I can get a forward helix and have my initial ring as a retainer so I can still play with it in and no one will be able to see it?

Favorite Answer

No, you can't. You have to purchase one of their jewelries.

No reputable piercer is going to trust someone to know what the best length jewelry for their anatomy is going to be....and they know that most people do not have access to the high quality jewelry they have access to. That labret stud would not be good in an unhealed piercing. If any place lets you bring in the jewelry, you should leave immediately. Especially if they're willing to put that piece of jewelry in, you should run out the door way fast and find a better pierce. You'll need to wait until it is healed to put that in. About 6-8 months with tragus piercings.

Call the place ahead of time and see if they have or can order glass retainers and then wear them the entire healing time.

it really depends on the studio. sometimes it is possible to pierce with bioflex retainers but it isnt common or particularly recommended. if you go to the place you were planning to go to and ask them, then im sure theyll be happy to help, but i have heard of it being done before x

You can't get it pierced with a retainer.