Compare commute from Los Angeles to Anaheim using CA-91 or 405 and CA-22?

I will be taking a job in Anaheim. I live in Torrance, CA. Is traffic congestion and ease of commute better if I drive using the CA-91 or the 405 and CA-22?

Favorite Answer

here an idea

why not either drive to norwalk metrolink station

then take metrolink to anaheim

[or you could take transit

i belive torrance transit is have express bus to the green line line 4 or

line 5 then green line to green line norwalk station then norwalk 4 to norwalk metrolink

then metrolink

I'm one of those scaredy-cats who hates those cement barriers. A couple of years ago I had to commute on the 91 from LA to the IE. There was a stretch that had those barriers along a sizable portion of the freeway with no shoulder between the barrier and the road. I'm an avid passer, meaning I hate having to ride in the non-passing lanes going excruciatingly slow. But I found myself in the dilemma: Freak out by the cement wall or go mentally insane going slower than necessary.

My advice is to drive both routes yourself at night just to get a feel for it and potential problems. Then in the days building up to your commute, watch Sigalert.com to spot traffic patterns over the course of the day.

Only you will know what you can tolerate or make sacrifices for during a daily commute.

Good luck. Congrats on the job.

Source(s): I use this site daily: Sigalert.com They have a 2-week free trial to show you how much time your chosen route is currently running. I wouldn't pay for it though. Sigalert sometimes screws up, messes up cameras (you might see a camera from one town in another town, etc). Their regular free service is great on its own.

Try north on the 110 then east on the 91. You should be going in the opposite direction of the bulk of morning rush traffic.

There's a construction project (ramp widening) where the 605 and 405 split on the other side of Long Beach.

Source(s): So Cal gal.