Spiritually speaking, what could be more important than subsidizing this museum?

Favorite Answer

What's wrong them building such an amazing museum? At least the museum would be providing badly needed tax revenues for D.C. It is a privately funded entity being allowed to do this. No where in the article does it mention that it will have funding from the government.

I don't know if it's the MOST important thing, but preserving literature and writings is very important. If only for historical context. You don't have to be a theist to want to preserve history.

That collection features more than 55,000 items including biblical artifacts ranging from Dead Sea Scrolls to Torah scrolls that survived the Holocaust. Museum officials expect to also showcase other prominent collections from across the globe.

nothing I think it is important to learn about Historic events as written in the Holy Scriptures, as nabt ancient manuscripts will be on display. It will be a learning center, why the world is in the shape it is today, and how we can learn by looking at past history, when people did not listen or harken to the Word of God.

Building a house for a human that does not have one , could be more important.

Planting some vegetables in a place that has little food could be.

Fishing less.

Building no more guns could be.

There are many things I can think of that could help Humanity and lessen divisiveness.

Utopia exists, in my mind.

Source(s): I read that book.
  • Joshua

If it's done privately I have nothing to object to. I think an online museum would be just as good if not better, but it's not my money so I don't really care. Long live the 1st Amendment.

A better question might be, "what could be more wasteful than subsidizing that museum?"

That would be a harder question to answer, though a museum for discarded McDonald's french fries might be more wasteful. Maybe.

Using that money to fund Alzheimer's research, Parkinson's Research, Cancer research, HIV research, feeding the hungry in the US, sheltering the homeless in the US, teaching people to read, providing the disadvantaged in the US with marketable job skills so that they have prospects for a better future....

I can think of all sorts of things more important than this "museum."

Ha! you have bible museums in the USA, but then again i suppose that's the best place for them.

This is where I was supposed to make my move. Pennies on the dollar, infrastructure in place... and NOW you tell me I could have had it.

Finding a cure for cancer, giving money to the poor.. :I