What kind of measuring cup is this?



I want to sell it, but I have no idea what kind it is and how old it is... I believe it is pretty old because I have a box full of random measuring cups and the ones I did find info on are very old from the depression era.


It only holds 8 ounces

The pictures look clear to me

4 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    To me it looks like a quart size measuring pitcher with one cup increments. Pour a measured cup in it and see if it is cup. Good luck

  • 8 years ago

    How very interesting -- I've never seen one like it, although its shape does remind me more of the measuring vessels/beakers used in a lab or pharmacy. Have you checked with an antiques web site? Just for kicks, you might want to search under 'antique pharmacy equipment/measures', too.

    Good luck -- hope you find out its origin. :)

  • 8 years ago

    Tbh that is a confusing cup lol it looks like some old woman named bubby from the old country used it to make breads and ravioli doughso_o

  • RoyS
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    That actually looks like a lab beaker. The first photo is too distorted to be useful in identification.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.