How hard is it to become an FBI agent?

I am going to be a junior in highschool, and I recently became interested in this. I would want to be a field agent/ undercover agent, something like that. I'm not very book smart. I make B's and C's in school. Because I'm not very smart, would it be hard for me to become an agent? And what would I need to do to increase my chances?

Favorite Answer

The FBI don't recruit off the street, per se. You need to have a certain skillset before you can apply. Some of the things they're looking for are people with law enforcement experience, degree in Law, etc. Go to the FBI recruiting website and see what they're looking for in applicants. Then start working towards those goals.

https://www.fbijobs.gov/11.asp

• Guedo

You will need to start at the bottom, become a reserve in your town, see how it works for you first, then apply for jobs at the jail, dispatch, or administration, parole and after you have had a taste, you should enroll in criminal justice at your local college or online, get a good feel for the career. If this is what you really want then you have established your foot in the door by starting as a reserve. You need to know all aspects of law enforcement to become a FBI agent. Good Luck and great choice.

Source(s): Law employee
  • ?

i understand a woman cop who became right into a US Marine, has her grasp's, is obviously a police officer and is staying one for 5 years, speaks Russian and Spanish and is working on Arabic, and she or he's doing all of this just to get her a greater useful shot at transforming into an FBI particular agent. it is how aggressive it gets.

• J

It's very hard, but possible. Check the FBI website for their recruitment page and entry-level requirements. That will give you an idea of what you need to pursue in college and other skill sets you will need to get in.

Source(s): Police Officer, Washington State B.A. Law and Justice

You need at least a 3.0 CPH GPA from college and a college degree. They really only accept certain college degrees too.

The person saying start as a reserve and work your way up doesn't know what they're talking about.

Ask Travis Bickle.

He wanted to be a Fed

Source(s): Taxi Driver