Becky
Becky asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 8 years ago

Does getting dumped hurts your pride more than your heart?

the guy i was dating told me that he wasn't feeling it anymore and he lost feelings for me and attractiveness for me and i now feel really low,rejected,unattractive and worthless.Is it normal to feel this way and how can i feel better and attractive again

Favorite Answer

Hurts the both of them. best way is to go out with friends enjoy yourself and find someone new

• hb12

I've overcome just about everything in life, jealousy, depression, loneliness, low self esteem, incredible boredom, you name it, but I still feel connected to everyone I ever knew. I guess I'll survive, but, phew. l can feel as much love for my cat as if he were still here and not feel the pain, but rejection is like a permanent, 'you aint no good', but maybe I just still have some irrational thoughts around all that which I have to change. It doesn't really matter, because it is so hard for me to be humble and maybe rejection will keep me from being too much passionately in love with myself. Maybe it will help me keep more balanced. Ha.

I guess now so many people are independent and self sufficient so they don't need anyone. Also they are still alive and so kind of in an active file. If they weren't around anymore you could kind of put them into inactive and they wouldn't keep coming up. That's probably the origin of the idea of zombies. The living dead.

Oh, I always recommend looking up emotional intelligence. After all we are talking about [irrational because if you wereworthless and unattractive, why did he value you and how was he attracted? I'd rather say he is immature] emotions.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=emotio...

• Athena

Nope, sorry, you will feel like this forever.

What??? Is this the first time you have been dumped?

Get over it. He is obviously a jerk to get rid of a prize like you. He will obviously regret his decision in a short while and may even try to come back. Kick him in the . . . er . . . ego by telling him he had a chance and blew it. Move on kid.

Here is a bold idea. Why not stop tying your self esteem to boys in the first place.

Why not get an education, some job skills, and develop a personality of your own.

Why not try to be a good partner instead of just some guy's arm candy?

Radical idea I know, but give it a try.

Because of what he said it is normal that you now feel this way. He sounds like a real jerk. People don't just lose all of that. One thing you can do Is get yourself back out there & find a new guy. Depending on how you fell you could post a pic of yourself on another ? @ ask what other people think about your looks. Hearing good things about your looks should make you feel better.