Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

Can you straighten your hair if you just washed it..?

Okay so I just washed my hair and I blow dry it a bit, but you know it could still be wet still since im not a proffesionall....

Is it safe if I turn my straighterner to damp and straighten my really curly hair? thanks

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Only if u want ur hair to fall out and burn it! I wouldnt do it

• 8 years ago

It perfectly okay to straighten your hair. I have curly hair too and it's how I do it all the time. Just blow dry it some more because its okay to be damp but not too wet. So you can use a comb, or preferably a wide paddle brush. Split your hair into sections, apply heat protectant, brush each section while blow drying it. It'll starigten and dry your hair, so when you actually flat iron it'll look awesome! (Just a tip)

Source(s): Experience--It's how I do mine all the time
  • 8 years ago

Your hair will burn if you straighten it while it's wet. Next time you should let it dry naturally and not blow dry it, then straighten it. It will take longer but blow drying it and straightening it will dry your hair out too

• 8 years ago

DON'T!!! Wet or damp hair is very fragile so let it dry completely and then straighten it otherwise you'll get so many split ends and your hair will look terrible!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Wait until it dries completely! When hair is wet it is very fragile, now if you use a hai straightener over it don't expect soft hair, expect fried hair.

• No, there are those Wet-to-Dry straighteners, but they don't work anyway and no matter what straightener you use it just overheats your hair.It will damage your hair if it's wet! Waiti until your hair is dry.

Answer Mine?

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Av...

• 8 years ago

NO! Unless you want to fry your hair! Wait for it to dry completely before you start.

• 8 years ago

Wait until its all the way dry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.