Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

POLL: What do your parents think of your music?

My dad listens to 80's rock n roll(which I like). My mom listens to r n b and soft classic rock. My dad hates my pop-punk music. He thinks it is whiny and annoying. My mom says it reminds her of when she was a teenager. She likes the teenage angst vibe of the songs.

Favorite Answer

Well i listen to a wide variety of music. I listen to rock and classic rock which my dad likes. I also listen to country which my mom likes. But when i put on like Drake or anything pop or rap like my dad says its not music its all made with a mix board etc. Really it doesn't matter parents just have their own mind set to what they like just like us. I mean when you get older and have kids what they listen to you may hate.

My dad is the one that got me into most of the bands I call my favorite now. If it wasn't for him I probably would have never discovered Iron Maiden and Acid Bath, which are two of my all time favorites. Me and him listen to pretty much the same type of music - classic heavy metal, progressive rock, stoner rock, psychedelia and whatnot -, so obviously he likes it. He doesn't really dig the weirder, less "mainstream" stuff I'm into though. My mom isn't that crazy about my love for metal, but that's probably because she was married to my dad for three years and she was constantly being forced to listen to it. She's more into country and alternative rock - Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Theory Of A Dead Man, etc. She likes Pantera though, she just won't admit it. I saw her cry during one of the documentaries about Dimebag.

• .

My dad listened to rock...Pink Floyd, Metallica, Guns n' Roses, the whole 9 yards. He hates the Beatles, haha. My mom listened to really weird stuff. I like classic/alternative rock. My dad thinks some of it's crap, some of it's good. My mom doesn't really listen to music.

I listen to things like Deftones, System of a Down, Bjork, Arcade Fire...my mom's ok with it; she listens to Coldplay and Linkin Park. But my dad on the other hand listens to only country and whenever I listen to my music, my dad flips out and tells me I should not listen to 'goth' music and proceeds to ask me if I'm going 'goth'.

My parents are full on classic rock, (though my dad will listen to new alternative and metal). I pretty much like the same music they do...so yeah, they like it. Except my mom doesn't like alternative.

I like almost every sub genre of rock music, it's my favorite kind of music. My mom likes country so, she doesn't like the music that I listen to. She always says (jokingly) "where did I go wrong?", when she hears me listening to music. My dad's music taste varies. Some of his favorite bands/artists that come to mind are deep purple, Bob Marley and Santana. His band played a lot of songs from the seventies so, I know he liked that kind of music. I like all of my dad's music but, I also like metal music (my dad didn't like metal music).

It saddens me to say both my parents listened to a lot of Mili Vanili and Rick Astley.

I could listen to Justin Bieber and my taste in music would still be better than theirs. Though I don't listen to that Bieber sh*t. I listen to Hip Hop, Alternative, Punk and Thrash Metal.

• Thor

I listen to 80's and country. They both like each type.

well they like some of it which pisses me off but i will never stop listen to any of the bands im in to right now i wish my parents hated my music

Both my parents listen to it, Country music.