~ME~ asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 8 years ago

How to ask mom for makeup?

Okay I'm fourteen almost fifteen and I really want to start wearing makeup durring this school year which starts in about a week! Every time I want to ask her I get really nervous and back out... Do you think it would be bad if I said, "I need to ask you a question, but Im to nervous and hand her a hand written note saying, " do yu think it would be okay if I started wearing makeup?

Any advice? Thanks!

• Frank
    Favorite Answer

Mom, a lot of my friends are starting to wear makeup, and I feel left out.

Can we buy some makeup for me?

If you want to ease into it, the next time she is putting on her makeup, say "try some on me". It will be fun to do together, and it will ease the way in to asking for your own makeup. Don't do this when she is running late.

In my experience, my mom didn't care when I started wearing makeup, because she never wore much. I started wearing my senior year of high school, like I said because I chose to start when I was 17, so it didn't bother her. Besides it also didn't age my face as much, as it would have if I was younger, thats one reason why I chose to start at my age.

Are you still in middle school? You say your fourteen, what are you in 8th grade? My junior high was only two years 7-8th depending on yours it could be 7-9th, I don't know. The point is, I honestly don't think you should start wearing makeup until you hit high school. Fourteen seems a little young, fifteen seems alright. Okay so now advice for you mom.

Just straight up ask your mom that you want to start wearing a little makeup in a polite way, she'll either say no or yes depending on how much she thinks your ready and old enough. :)

Dont be emberassed just say it. I'm fourteen and I have been wearing make up for around two years. My mum is ussuall y uptight but she was fine with it.

What also works is if you just start wearing it really slowly. Mascara, a little bit though. Then add a light amount of foundation whatever! If your mum asks you if your wearing make up, just say yes! Then add ' dont you like it' she'll probably answer with your natural face is nicer.

I had a hard tim cause I was twelve with an older sister who is like totally sensible and annoying saying like' your to young to have amke up' she doesnt say that anymore cause i'm fourteen nearly fifteeen! X

Good luck!

Since we all hear from everyone that "Mama knows best," yes I would advice you that you should just ask her if it's okay to borrow makeup. I started out your age and I don't think it's a big deal, it's part of personality building. Whenever time comes she allows you already, always remember to just keep it light as of the moment. Especially that you're still a student. And don't rely on it much. Natural beauty still stands out!

• Shane

No it wouldn't be bad to hand her a note, relax just ask mom can I start wearing makeup. It's only a big deal if you make it one.

Easy. It's not like you're going to be caking foundation on. At your age, you might want eyeliner, mascara, concealer and lip gloss. You can buy lip balm that also works as a gloss-- she'd hardly complain about that. If you get the occasional pimple, tell her it makes you feel self-conscious, so she'll buy you concealer to boost your self-esteem.Ask to borrow her eyeliner and mascara for parties or special occasions. She'll get eased into the idea.

I bought my own makeup. I bikes to the CVS in my town and bought mascara, eyelash curler, and eye liner. Do you live near a store which sells makeup? U can always go and buy it yourself and if your mom asks you can say that "my friend gave this to me for my birthday"

Source(s): I startedwearing makeup since my birthday 2 years ago. My bro's gf gave me a makeup kit and so I got to use it! :)