Is there anything wrong with my pierced ears?!?

I recently had my ears pierced. When I took the piercing earrings out, (after 4 weeks) I felt a little bumpy lump thing around the hole. Is this normal? Is it going to stay like that?!

Also, any tips about ear care? Should I leave them in longer? Also, I tried putting on a pair of real earrings and I had trouble guiding it through the hole. It kept poking into the sides of the hold in my earlobe and not going directly to the other side like it's supposed to. Help! I'm scared. ):

@Kitty: Yeah. One of my piercings are angled. -.- Um.. Also, when I took out the piercing for my left ear, yellow stuff (that looked like earwax...ew) came out with my earring. Is this normal? o.O

@Sabrina: Yeah..I kinda forget to clean my ears most of the time. ^_^ I see what you mean by the 'yellow crust stuff'. xD

Favorite Answer

well, it also depends on where you got them pierced. I got mine pierced twice (closed up) Icing (claires) told me to wait a whole year and to put some alcohol on them that they provided 3 times a day for a year until they took them out for me. Since I did not really put the alchol on, my ears had some crusty stuff near the hole, and it was painful, it goes away though. It seems that you took them out too early. Next time try to get the persn that pierced you ears to take them out. If it hurts put some tumeric on it. My mom had hers pierced by a sewing needle, and all she did was tumeric on it and she was fine. (I won't advise that technique though) Good Luck!

Source(s): My own experience (hope i did not waste ur time :)

I have the same thing and my ears have been pierced for 5 or 6 years now. You should have left them in for 6 weeks though, it gives them longer to heal. A saline solution (salt and water) will do just fine to clean them. You shouldn't put dangly earrings in for about 3-4 months. If it doesnt go through completely be patient, some piercings can be angled down or up or to the side.

If you got it pierced with a gun, that's why there's a bump. It won't go away.

Mine was done with a needle, no bump.