does it hurt to get your belly button pierced?

does it hurt? how much does it usually cost? and will i be able to wear it in cheer? Thank you :)

Favorite Answer

Depends on your pain threshold, but it's by no means unbearable. The actual piercing with the needle is painless and taking a deep breath as it goes in means you don't even notice. Afterwards you might feel a dull pain like a bruise but this is nothing and goes away quickly. I'm from the UK, so I don't know about dollars but over here it can vary from anything between £25 - £40+ depending on things like the place you go to and the type of jewellery you get. As for wearing it in Cheer it depends on what the policy is on visible piercings, most places prefer you to just have lobe piercings however for a sport activity they may ask for none at all from a health and safety point of view. You might be better off covering it with some adhesive bandage for the first few weeks during cheer to avoid it catching on anything.

Source(s): Had my belly button pierced since I was 15.
  • in my opinion, no, but maybe that's because I don't feel pain from piercings all too much. (: they're usually ranging from $30-50 but it changes everywhere for pricing. You could have one during cheer, just make sure that it is healed thoroughly (about 3-4 months for safety) in order not to upset it, as this piercing is a bit temperamental. BUT, that doesn't mean once it "heals" you could go get punched in the stomach or something. You still have to look out for these piercings. I had one during soccer season & was completely fine. c:

Source(s): personal. still got it. ^-^

No, not at all. It`s a little pinch and then it ends. Yes, you should be able too!