Why does a soda can cool faster when shaken before cooling?

If you shake a soda can before cooling it in a cooler with ice, why does it cool faster?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

When the soda chills it expands creating pressing inside the can. Since the can was shaken and under pressure before you put it in, it has no where to expand to. This will create more pressure if put into a freezer. If you leave the can in the freeer to long ... the can "Will" explode dude to the pressure inside.

• RoyS
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Shaking the can causes the carbonation to get a lot more active, making more CO2 bubbles in the can. Gas cools faster than liquid.

• 4 years ago

It became into in simple terms outstanding i became right into a teenager interior the 60s and what a great era that became into, i might defiantly say it became into the very ideal era of all cases, we had spectacular clothing, singers, communities, i.e The Beatles, The Searchers, Rolling Stones and a great style of, many greater, and much greater useful a great form of song, and you could desire to understand each and every be conscious the singers sung, and that i in simple terms love dancing the rock-e-roll jive no longer what they call the jive at present, greater like what that they had interior the action picture Grease yet greater useful, and issues have been plenty greater low priced, i do wish this solutions your question and from somebody interior the ideal era era.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.