Does my best friend like me?

People had been saying that my friend, who is a girl, and I should hook up and be a couple. However, she respond to everyone is that we're just best friend just like Spongebob and Patrick. First of all, I didn't know we're even that really close and second of all, what's does that mean? Secretly, I am falling in love with her so every word she says is something I want to decipher if she feel the same back.

Second part of the question, lately, this summer, she and I had been really close. We hang out a lot and she's probably the only girl I hang out with all day. We did a lot of things together, we workout, went out on an adventure,took bunch of picture, and just recently, she post up a picture of me and her holding hands with a heart sign. I ask her why she post it and she say she thought it was cute. It may seems that she may like me but how could I know she just teasing me. She haven't respond to any my physical contact with her. I'm hoping it's just the reason she's being shy about it.

Should I ask my best friend to be my girlfriend even if it meant everything changing?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

flick, I've been going thru the same thing, this girl whose my friend sometimes give me the hint that she likes me and another second she acts aloof. and i really think i like her. the thing is if i say anything and she doesn't reciprocate, things might become awkward. i know this doesn't answer your question but at least u know ur not the only one with this problem.

in your case, it does seem she likes you, just ask her easier said than done, but brace yourself for a no just in case