Can varicose veins go away by themselves?

I was a printer for 20 years and always put my weight on my left leg while running a press. I'm 54 now and had big, little-finger sized veins on the inside of the leg which were always painful, especially at night.

A month ago, I had an allergic reaction to Wellbutrin during which time a hard knot appeared below my knee, half way down my calf. THIS pain was sharp and needle-like and my thigh and calf turned dark as if bruised. I called the doctor but had to wait 3 weeks to get in, During this time, 90% of the veins went away leaving a dark, bruised looking area the size of my entire inside thigh. The knot is still there, only smaller and hurts if pressed on.

I'm writing here because my VA doctor said not to worry about it without even touching the knot or my thigh, which also hurts when pressed on and, sorry, but I AM worried about it.

Thanks very much.

Any answers that are cruel and or suggest it's my fault, as I've received in the past, will be reported. I'm a decorated veteran and do not appreciate being ridiculed for it.

Favorite Answer

Some varicose veins do go away by themselves. For example, most varicose veins caused by pregnancy do go away after the pregnancy. But in your case, see http://www.varistop.com/ for more info on varicose veins.

Source(s): www.varistop.com

When I turned 28 I already had been in pain, embarrassed, and scared of becoming pregnant. I didn't want my big blue varicose veins to get worse. The All Natural Varicose & Spider Vein Solution program was an easy read and easy to do. Within 21 days there was a big difference in how my legs looked and I can wear shorts without feeling embarrassed. I feel so much better with more energy and for giving me back a healthier body, and the legs that a 28 year old should have.

Naturally heal your veins?