Chewing Gum In School?

So all my friends in school chew gum in school, and i decided maybe If i start then all my friends would think I was cool too. Then I started to feel guilty but got addicted and chewed a pack a day and was the go to girl for gum. I also have brace and my gum would get stuck a few times and I'd Have t go to the Bathroom and get it out. What should I do, is popularity worth the guilt. I am in seventh Grade BTW

Favorite Answer

Coolness doesn't come from the crowd. Coolness comes from being different.

First of all, never chew gum with braces unless it is sugarless! Listen to your orthodontist to prevent problems during orthodontia. Second of all, chewing gum to be popular is not worth it! If your friends expect you to chew gum to be accepted, start making some new friends! Chewing gum is not what makes you cool or popular. If you just focus on being a nice and caring person, you will have more friends and be more successful in life! Being a good person is what makes you cool.

Source(s): Incoming high school senior!

Firstly, if you want to have popularity, it wont come by chewing gum. Seriously i don't think anyone would care that you chew gum. So theres no point.

Secondly, im not shallow but im sure getting chewing gum stuck in your braces is not cool.

Popularity comes by being confident, being social and trust me, the most popular people i know are the people who are 100% themselves, they don't try to put up an act and they are honest and outspoken. Well thats how it is in my school. it'll certainly get you popular amongst friends. Which is much better than being fake and chewing just to be cool. Thats not cool is it?

I understand you because my seventh grade was tough. I never stopped trying to fit in, but I never did. First of all, don't try to do what your other friends do just to make you feel the same. Maybe they think they're cool because they're all chewing gum, well, then maybe you should think you're cool because you don't. If you do it because you like it, that's okay, but never do it just because of your friends. Now, this chewing problem, try not to buy too much, or instead of chewing a whole pack, just chew the half or less than that. The idea is to reduce your problem, not eliminate it completely.

I totally got a gum addiction but then I stopped when I got braces. Like everyone, I thought I was immune to consequences but I chewed gum once and it got super stuck. The dentist said if it breaks a lot then we'll have to pay and I haven't chewed gum since. It's easy to quit.

ahahahhaa cx well chewing gum doesn't make you popular or less popular.... it's just gum. -.- & if you feel guilty then why do it? Maybe chewing gum in school is to big of a step for you, and you cant handle it. Take it down a notch til your ready xD

chewing gum won't get you popular lol.

some people might only talk to you to use you for your gum, so don't let them take advantage of that.

just be yourself, and as for your braces.

just imagine how much $$$$ youre spending on it....

chewing gum doesn't make you cool, if you don't want to then don't, im sooo different from all my friends and they don't think im lame, or don't talk to me. If your friends are like that then you should get some new friends

You shouldn't because popularity is overrated and dumb. Popularity won't earn you a job or money later in life.

Source(s): Life

I am in 7th too! I understand how hard it can be to fit in but don't change yourself for people too like youu! No if you don't like it ten don't do it! Good luck(: