Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 8 years ago

What are the steps to teach English as a second language? What degree?

How do I get a Bilingual/ESL Endorsement? Please give detail information thanks! :)

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you're talking about teaching in the k-12 system, the requirement vary from state to state. You can major in education with a primary endorsement in ESL, or you can get your primary endorsement in something else, and add-on the ESL license. Different states require different numbers of courses- from 2 (Texas) to 5 (Tennessee). So go to the website for your state's Department of Education and look for the requirements.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.