Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 8 years ago

Someone has sent me money on paypal instead of checking out on ebay, what do I do?

As the title says, Someone sent me money via paypal but hasn't checked out on ebay, What can I do?

@Nemo I haven't even received the payment yet.

• Roddy
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes scammers will try to pay you like this with stolen credit cards. There should be a link next to the transaction at PayPal. Follow that link and do a full refund. Inform the buyer they must go through the checkout process at eBay. If you fail to do this you are not covered. Also make sure they are PayPal confirmed as far as the address goes.

They may simply be new users who don't know what they are doing yet. They may also be scammers trying to rip you off. If you can't afford to lose the money then don't take the chance. Only fools gamble.

Source(s): 14 years selling on eBay.
  • M W

When the money appears as completed in your Paypal account, go to your Ebay Summary account, click on 'sell'. Find the item you sold, and click on 'more actions'. Click on 'mark as payment received'. You will then have an option of printing a shipping label.

But don't do that until you are sure the payment has cleared.

Don's ask them to go through the Ebay pay option, because they already paid you directly to Paypal.

• rtfm

Just send them a message and remind them to complete the checkout process.

If they've already sent you the money, though, what difference does it make? Wait until the funds have been confirmed by Paypal, and then send them their item.

Message them and tell them to complete checkout before someone else wins your auction. If they do not and someone else wins it. Refund their money through Paypal.