My boyfriend is leaving for the Airforce...?

He is signed up for a 4 year commitment, and im just going into my Senior Year of high school. He doesn't leave until Decemeber, so i will go half a year without him by my side. What are the chances of us staying together?

Would it be stupid of me to live on base with him once i graduate?

Does anyone have any tips on what we could do to help the distance?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Hey, I read the answer from Grant and that is plain stupid and not true at all.

I've been in the army for a long time. I was away 5 months from my girlfriend. At the time it might seem hard, but if YOU have the trust and know that you want him then give it to HIM. He probably worries about this too. He probably knows that you find it hard. But keep in mind that if you give him your trust and tell him that you'll wait for him no matter what then he will belive it. Don't break your promises.

On the other hand if you think you won't be able to make it then tell him in advance. You don't want the drama and the hurt if you ever cheat on him while he's away.

To help the distance, my tip for you is to get another hobby or work a bit more. Another hobby could be start dancing or go to the gym. Just make the time go by without thinking too much.

• R

I recently joined the Navy and will be leaving in September. Here's the problem: you cannot move in with him at a base unless you are a dependent (spouse/child). The chances of you two staying together is slim if you do not get married when you graduate high school. So, if you two are serious and are going to be together for a long time, plan on marrying each other.

I joined the army after a semester of institution, so sincerely proper after high tuition. Trust me when I say that he has a lot more to worry about than you do. He may have damaged your believe before, but the army is gonna make him grow up just a little bit and become a more mature and in charge man or woman. It seems like he's together with you in his plans so that you must be happy! I doubt he'll to find anyone else at basic. The one army girls I ever met were not precisely anything to jot down dwelling about.

You have two options really.

Take it to the next level. Or. Cancel the relationship.

There is a book. "Get Married, Stay Married" by Paul Tsika.

I suggest you read it. If marriage seems like your cup of tea, then do what you have to do to make it work and be supportive of your man..

If not. Then perhaps you need more experience. You're very young and there's opportunities everywhere,.. while you're in your 20es.

• Russ

If you two truly love each other, it will increase your chances of staying together. You may not be able to stay on base with him because you are not married and you don't have any kids (DON'T have one just so you can stay with him, m'kay?) There might be housing close to the base that you can stay in, or alternately he could buy a home and you could stay there.

Tell him Thank You for his service from me and to stay safe.

What are the chances of staying together? Slim to none, unless you are willing to continue dating an ****** and a cheater. Grant is right, it is a bad idea to date a guy in the armed forces. They are all arrogant, belligerent, always getting drunk, and just scumbags in general. And they are cheaters too.

Find another guy.

I'm sure military couples will tell you all sorts of lies, but anyone looking in from the outside knows the answer immediately. You will both cheat on each other, break up and get back together sporadically, and ultimately be miserable. Don't date guys in the military its just stupid.