How would you feel if he seems to have this back-up girl?

There was this guy who asked me out about 2 months ago, but we haven't had much of a chance to see each other, and he told my best friend that he doesn't even know for sure whether we're actually going out or not. I admit that I'm terrible at expressing my feelings, and he may not even completely realize that I like him, so that's why he's not making any moves yet.

But his ex-girlfriend does like him...still. He knows it for sure, because she won't stop talking to him, and told him on many occasions that she really, really wants him back. So they do still talk a lot. He might even be going out with her just to make her feel better.

However, he's done nicer things for me, and I know that he'd rather be with me because he doesn't treat his ex the same...however, he seems to be keeping her as a back-up, because I never show my feelings the way his ex does. He may not even know for sure whether I truly like him. But I will let him know soon enough.

Still, is it wrong for him to be keeping his ex as a back-up?

Yes, it is wrong. He keeps a back up because he's not sure if this relationship is going to last.

Well... In this situation, not entirely. You need to tell him how you feel. He likes his ex because he knows she likes him. Just tell him and maybe he will have second thoughts.

yes!! he needs to get rid of her and over her!