Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 8 years ago

Parents do not let me paint my nails dark purple, I'm sixteen years old.. Really mad, what to do?

I do not have a significant style , i.e. gothic, emo, I just wanted a decent colour for my nails, and I can't see any reason for not letting me do that. As parents they let me do lots of stuff that other parents don't but I feel really furious about the nail thing.. Could you figure out the possible reason ?

I'm not sure why, but usually "emo/goth" starts off with the little things like dark color nails.

I think your old enough to decide yourself which color you paint your nails.

Try to convince them that you're not emo or whatever and that's just a color u want to try out!

Some of my friends are not aloud to paint there nails also!! There parents don't like them painting there nails!! Ask them why they don't want you to paint your nails!! Maybe work something out with them?! Good luck!!

Im just like you. I cant even get an extra ear peircing without my mom bitching. My mom thinks it will make me different from society so thats why. She thinks " emo" or whatever the **** society labels us as are freaks and its weird. Parents think that its to grown and we are to young. I feel for ya. It sucks *** i know

are u serious ? lol