Unban from Minecraft server?

I banned my brother for being annoying last night on Minecraft. I run my own server, so I put his name and ip on the banned ips and banned players lists. This morning I deleted his ip and name and tried using /pardon and /unban but it still says "failed to connect to server" and "connection timed out." I don't know what else to try. (I'm also using Hamachi)

Does your server show up on his multiplayer list as online? If not get him to put his hamatchi on and connected to your hamatchi if you are not on the same wifi. If you are on the same wifi go onto start->run->cmd->ipconfig and tell him to connect to the first ipv4 adress. If your server does show as online then try joining on minecraft online. On the ban list it only works if you restart the server after deleting his name. If you deleted his name, did not restart the server then type /pardon it will say he is not banned. If you run bukkit then delete him from the ban list and banned ip list and type /reload, Good luck!

Source(s): I run a server and ran into this problem too.

there isn't any way you could unban your self, with the aid of fact often human beings get banned via playername, so your account is banned no longer your IP. never heard of anybody dealing with bans in any incorrect way. or perhaps if in case you come back on, they are in basic terms gonna ban you back, so i could seem for yet another server.