Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

we left a beef roast out?

We pulled a beef roast out of the freezer and forgot to put it in the fridge. It was taken out at about 7 pm. I discovered our mistake at 5 in the morning. However the roast was still partially frozen and even the thawed parts were cold. Is it safe? or do I have to waste it?

Favorite Answer

Beef does not have the same food borne illness problems as fish and poultry, in the hotels we left whole jumbo beef roasts out in cartons or in pans to defrost, then roast the next day, it takes 3-4 days to defrost a 20lb outside round roast in the frig, it is fine, cook it well or medium there will be no problem, airheads like Roddy are not to be listen to, I am a former chef, so I know best..

• Roddy

Chances are it's still okay but you never know. If you want to be safe then feed it to the stray cats in your neighborhood. If you want to take a chance then make sure you cook it thoroughly. It's taking a bit of a risk but fully cooked, (or even overcooked), it should still be alright. We have personally done similar things in the past and we are still here to talk about it but you are rolling the dice.

What it comes down to is a gamble. There is no such thing as a sure bet.

Purchase an oriental seasoning packet and sautee the sliced beef in it with some snap peas, carrots, bok choy and bean sprouts and some garlic and soy sauce and serve over jasmin rice. Yum!